The Pekin Hospital emergency unit offers state-of-the-art emergency medicine and is designed for optimal patient comfort and staff efficiency. Our healthcare professionals not only assess and treat your condition with skill, we work hard to make you as comfortable as possible while providing fast medical care.
How are we able to spend so much time with our patients and still maintain an average waiting time of less than 30 minutes? We have an excellent nurse-to-patient ratio, and perhaps that's one of the reasons we consistently earn superior patient satisfaction ratings!
For more information or to contact the Emergency unit, call (309) 353-0430. In emergency situations, please call 9-1-1.
What are some of the emergency unit's special features?
More than an emergency room, our emergency unit is patient-friendly and medically advanced. Some of its special features include:
- Accredited as an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics which is acquired through the State of Illinois
- Resuscitation equipment for all ages of pediatric patients
- Three cardiac exam rooms
- Specialty exam room for Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat patients
- Three-bed Clinical Decision Unit for observation patients
- Private exam rooms with real walls (not just curtains)
- Meditation room located in quiet area
- Large, relaxing lobby area
- Separate entrances for the public and for ambulances
- Centrally located nurses' station with direct lines of sight to the trauma, cardiac and acute care wound areas
What can you tell me about the emergency staff?
In our emergency unit, we carefully select the best healthcare professionals to develop a team of experts who are genuinely dedicated to our patients. Every physician is specially trained and Board-certified. All of our nursing staff receives certification in CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, EKG interpretation, Trauma Nurse Core Course, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support or Emergency Nursing for Pediatrics Course.
What if my condition turns out to be not as serious as I thought?
Pekin UrgentCare is conveniently located close by for prompt, minor emergency care.
What parking is available at the emergency unit?
The emergency unit offers ample free parking right outside its doors, making it easy and convenient to get urgent medical treatment.